Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Incarnate creator Nick Simmons reacts to plagiarism claims

Allegations of plagiarism sprang up after people noticed panels in Incarnate that seem very similar to Bleach panels. The artists left a formal statement on a popular website.

“Like most artists I am inspired by work I admire. There are certain similarities between some of my work and the work of others. This was simply meant as an homage to artists I respect, and I definitely want to apologize to any Manga fans or fellow Manga artists who feel I went too far. My inspirations reflect the fact that certain fundamental imagery is common to all Manga. This is the nature of the medium. I am a big fan of Bleach, as well as other Manga titles. And I am certainly sorry if anyone was offended or upset by what they perceive to be the similarity between my work and the work of artists that I admire and who inspire me.”

What I think is the most interesting part of all this is why of all manga would he copy Bleach. I know there are fans of the manga but the story is just non existent. I've read through many manga and I couldn't bring myself to get to the half way point of Bleach. This really isn't something new to the comic world or manga world though. One example was a panel to panel example of Dragon Ball and Narauto. I was suprised at first that Radical ( the publisher of the comic) suspended the printing until further review but the more I think about it. It was a good decision to listen to the fans and show they don't allow this amateurish behavior in their comics.Take a look at one of the panel comparison I think you'll see what everyone is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon