Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Top Comics for March 03 2010

This is a top three list of Comics I'm most interested to read the day before they come out. They aren't reviews just comics that seem the most appealing to buy.

In The Third Place : Amazing Spider-man #623 - The reason Amazing is on the list this week is because lately the writing and the drawing has been top notch. It is a comic that anyone can pick up and enjoy. You really don't have to know what happened last week to enjoy it. It reminds me of the old style of comic writing where each week loosely is involved with each other. 623 involves Spidey going against the Vulture but also his alter ego Peter Parker. Peter has to decide what's more important Spider-Man or his photography career.







Runner-up - X-Men Hope #1 - With Marvel's latest X-men push it seems like X-men will finally get their well deserved stop in the lime light. X-Men Hope #1 tells the tale of Hope Summers and Cable. Hope might be the only chance that humanity has in the future world. The part that interests me is the fact that it is hope summers which means they might be toying with bringing back Jean. I think this would be great for X-men and it also gives the chance to see another side of the Phoenix Arc.Duane Swierczynski and Steve Dillon are the creators of the new series. Steve Dillion has always been a favorite artist of mine ever since his work in Wolverine Origins. I've never been one for the futuristic side of X-men (mainly cable) but this story seems like it could affect the whole X-men universe past, present, and future.




Top Comic to buy for March 03, 2010 - Invincible Iron Man #24 - Stark : Disassembled comes to a conclusion. This arc has been nothing but gold. The writing always drags me in and the art work wins me over and over again every issue. If you are not reading this series I would begin reading it with the beginning of the Stark : Disassembled arc. The series has been showing tony stark's fall from being leader of almost everyone during Civil War and his breakdown afterwards. What could be better than seeing Tony loose his mind and try to collect the pieces with the help from his friends. This series is a must read and I recommend you going out and buying it tomorrow just like I'm going to! 




I just wanted to say I'm not bashing any other comic book publisher by just doing Marvel this week. It just how I felt the top three went. DC really didn't have anything too amazing coming out this week. I will check out the new mini series involving Batman, Doc Savage, and The spirit. I just wanted to point that out because trust me if there was a blackest night related comic coming out this week it probably would have been on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon