Friday, March 5, 2010

Sinestro's Future

Ever since the end of blackest night #7 Ive been wondering what is Blackest Night going to mean for the best Green Lantern in history. Of coarse you know who Im talking about and it isn't Hal Jordan. I hope no one is thinking I mean guy Gardner.
Sinestro has always been an interesting villian. I always considered him a villian in the same vein as Magneto where he seems like a bad guy that was forced in his own mind to become the way he is. I was excited to see sinestro join the rest of the lanterns to fight against the black lateens but felt like he was Just going to be a throw away character in the main scheme of blackest night. Geoff Johns suprised me again in making him take his rightful place in the series with force. It seemed so natural of a move to me for Sinestro.
Okay so at this point if you haven't read Blackest Night #7 then this will be spoiler filled. It has been clearly long enough though so it's no big deal. Now that we know there is a white lantern and Sinestro became that host what now? My personal gut feeling is Hal is going to take it over which would be a huge disappointment. I know Hal's the main character but this is bigger than that. It shows finally just how egotistical Sinestro is. It also showed maybe the guardians were to blame for Sinestro's departure. I keep trying to think of how this is going to turn out for him and I can't pick just one. So here are a few options of what I think might happen. 1. Sinestro can't contain the pure light but tries to he overwhelms himself and dies. I can't see this happening too much just because it would seem pointless. Green lantern would lose his greatest foe and people really wouldn't mourn. It would be a lackluster ending. 2. Sinestro becomes power hungry after he destroys the black lantern Corp. Possibly the beginning of the brightest day could be from the light of the white lantern Sinestro. The last option would be the destruction of the black lantern Corp by sinestro and afterwards he returns to his old self. Since the light has no host it disperses throughout the universe and makes the brightest day. Seems like the most obvious but it would bring everything back to normal. I might be completely wrong and how the writing has been going I'm sure there's going to be a giant curvebalk for Sinestro and the white lantern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon