Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Top Comics for March 31,2010

This week has some pretty sweet titles coming out. Here's my list for the top three to buy for March 31,2010.

The comic coming in third place is Dark Wolverine #84. Dakken has had a pretty significant role in Dark Reign with such things as being an Avenger for Norman Osbourne and killing Frank Castle. I haven't been completely into Dark Wolverine just because at first I thought it was a cheap way to get people to like Dakken but in the end it worked for me. I really like how hes pretty much just like his father in every way and he hates it. He's the Wolverine that people think Logan is when they hear the name Wolverine. When the whole seige started to happen he wanted nothing to do with it but like everybody else was forced into it. He got completely rocked by Thor but Dakken has his own story going on. He apparently is going to be ruler of the God's underworld. This wouldn't make much sense but because asgard is on earth they had to pick someone locally and Dakken is perfect for the job. However this turns out I'm sure it'll be an interesting read because it always is with Dakken.

Coming in second this week is X-Men's major push from Marvel. X-Men the second coming has been promoted for months now with wonderfully done shots of cyclops, wolverine, and all the major players in the X-men world. Second Coming is the story of the "one" Hope Summers coming back from the future with her caretaker cable. X-men is really big on the whole time travel thing. I'm not too sure where this is going to lead and how it's going to play out but I chose this pretty much based on the fact that Marvel has given the X-men title such a huge push for the Second Coming. It's good to see the team altogether again and to see hints of the possible return of the phoenix. One of my favorite arcs in the X-Men world.


This week's top comic should come as no surprise to anyone. Blackest Night has been one of DC's biggest events in a long time. This is mainly because of the top notch writing and amazing art. It brought me back to being a DC fan. I was completely out of the DC world and my local comic book guy started to bug me to start reading it. I blew it off and then eventually gave it a shot. By the second issue I was hooked and have been reading anything connected to title. Blackest Night #8 brings an end to the issue and will hopefully resolve and answer all the questions that have been given to us. How will this all turn out for the DC universe and even more importantly how will it impact the world of the Lanterns. Will they go back to fighting each other? Will they section off the universe and rule each of their own separately? How will this turn out for Sinestro and will he remain the white lantern? So many questions come to mind and with the recent release of GL #52 it just makes me more eager to read Blackest Night #8.

1 comment:

  1. wow,, this is my favourite comics...
    many character..and i like all

    great comics...

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon